synthclone is a tool that allows you to create sample-based instruments. You can create sample-based instruments by sending MIDI messages to your MIDI-capable gear or software that instructs an instrument to emit sounds for a series of notes, velocities, controls, and aftertouch values, or by recording your own samples. After the sampling is done, you can apply effects to your samples, and finally save this data as a sample-based instrument that can be loaded by sampler software.
- Supports user-configurable per-zone sample time, release time, MIDI note, MIDI velocity, MIDI aftertouch, MIDI channel pressure, MIDI control changes, etc. via a table interface.
- Audition samples and change zone parameters until you're happy with the data you're acquiring from your MIDI device.
- Save and restore sessions.
- Distributed with plugins that support the JACK Audio Connection Kit (with JACK Session support), PortAudio and PortMidi, trimming of samples, reversing samples, LV2 effects, the creation of Hydrogen, SFZ, and Renoise instruments, automated zone generation, and loading samples from your local filesystem!
- Can create multiple targets in one session (i.e. a Renoise patch and an SFZ patch) from the same set of samples.
- A well-documented plugin API is available for developers to write their own plugins to extend synthclone.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- The new LV2 plugin allows you to use LV2 effects within synthclone
- The new Renoise plugin allows you to save your instruments as Renoise instruments
- The new Reverser plugin allows you to reverse the samples you load into synthclone
- The new Sample Loader plugin allows you to load samples into synthclone from your local filesystem
- Internal architecture changes for future expansion of the plugin API to handle main view manipulation
- Consider capturing release of samples.
- Figure out a good packaging scheme for Mac OSX.
- Support the Non-Session Manager protocol.
- Consider different ways to support the detection and/or creation of loops.
- Get someone to design an icon that isn't ugly.
- Extend the LV2 plugin to support more features so that it can load more LV2 plugins.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker:
If you like `synthclone` and have ideas that can make it better and/or want to keep up with its progress, join the users group:
If you're a developer and want to write plugins for `synthclone` or contribute to the application itself, join the development group: